Airwave launch the ALMA: monofoil hybrid kite
BGD's kite brand AIRWAVE have released an exciting new kite for hydrofoiling and snowkiting: the ALMA is a monofoil hybrid, a design that is completely new in the foil kite world. It is the product of a collaboration between Airwave / BGD designer Tom Lolies and 11-time kitesurfing World Champion Maxime Nocher.
Find out more
The front half of the ALMA is inflated closed cells, the rear is single surface, and it has five inflatable spars to add structure and rigidity. This design combines the best features of tube and foil kites:
– It is 20% lighter than the lightest tube kite on the market, yet using strong and durable materials
– Low bar pressure, nice bar feedback
– Progressive power generation in loop or gusts for easy foiling and surfing
– Low packing volume for snowkite and touring adventures
– Super tight turn radius, kiteloop and megaloop machine
– Instantaneous depower
– Super simple line layout, no tangling
– Easy relaunch
– Rock solid stability even in strong turbulence
It is available in five sizes, and can be bought direct from Airwave's online shop.